With this delicious, easy-to-prepare recipe you can include kale as part of your diet in a matter of minutes. Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around with one serving providing you with an excellent source of health-promoting vitamins A and K. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound kale, chopped
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed or chopped
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- sliced onions, steam with kale
- sliced red pepper, steam with kale
- 5 drops soy sauce or alternative
- Chop garlic and let it sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches of water and bring to boil.
- While water is coming to a boil, slice kale leaves into 1/2-inch slices, and cut again crosswise. Cut stems into 1/4-inch slices. Let kale sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out it health-promoting properties.
- When water comes to a boil, add kale (and onion if desired)to the steamer basket and cover. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with Mediterranean Dressing ingredients. Mediterranean Dressing does not have to be made separately. For the best flavor, toss with dressing while kale is still hot.
- Top with any/all of optional ingredients.