Italian Navy Bean Soup with Rosemary
A quick, easy and delicious soup that helps keep you warm as the weather cools. Best of all, the taste gets better the second day!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups kale, minced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 TBS chopped fresh oregano (or 2 tsp dried oregano)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/3 tsp dried rosemary)
- 2 15oz cans navy beans (No BPA), drained
- salt & pepper to taste
- Using 5 tablespoons of broth, sauté onion, carrot, and celery in large soup pot over medium low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add rest of chicken or vegetable broth, kale, and tomatoes. If using dried rosemary and oregano, add them now as well.
- Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Add beans, salt, and pepper. If using fresh herbs, add them now. Cook for several minutes so beans can heat through.